We all love the smell of clean and freshly washed clothes, so we choose our fabric softener wisely, right? But, you will be disappointed when we tell you that you pay a “high price” for a nice smelling clothes. Fabric softener ads often portray an image of comfort, freshness and sweetness. Yet most fabric softeners contain a long list of known toxins and chemicals, which can enter your body through the skin and by inhalation, causing a wide range of health problems, particularly for young children. These are the most common toxic chemicals, found in all fabric softeners:
- Alpha-Terpineol – toxic chemical, which can cause many health problems, such as: dizziness, headaches, hunger, memory loss, numbness in face, pain in neck and spine.
- Benzyl Acetate –this toxic substance has been linked to pancreatic cancer. Its vapors can be irritating to eyes and respiratory passages and it can also be absorbed through the skin.
- Benzyl Alcohol -it can cause central nervous system disorders, headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and dramatic drops in blood pressure.
- Chloroform – A carcinogenic neurotoxin and it may cause loss of consciousness, nausea, headache, vomiting, and/or dizziness, drowsiness.
- Linalool – A narcotic known to cause respiratory problems and it causes the so-called loss of muscle coordination.
We really hope you find this article helpful, and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.