15 Quotes on Love, Life and Peace by John Lennon
John Lennon was a legend whose work and life do not stop inspiring generations over time. The flourishing success of Lennon and his band all around the world has made the Beatles, and especially him, a hero.
He was aware of how inspiring and influential he has become, so he used it to send positive messages to the world. His pro-peace aesthetic and revolutionary sound clearly opposed any type of violence, and the adept lyrics and catchy tunes managed to touch the hearts of his fans with his message of peace.
He reached out to millions, and his music is still convincing people to speak out against what is wrong in the society and to continue fighting for a better world.
Here are 15 of his most popular quotes:
1. All you need is love.
2. We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
3. What we’ve got to do is keep hope alive. Because without it we’ll sink.
4. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create.
5. Happiness is inside you not with another person.
6. Peace is not something you wish for; It’s something you make, something you do, something you are, and something you give away.
7. Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.
8. Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.
9. Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will be as one.
10. When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind.
11. You don’t need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!
12. Everything is clearer when you’re in love.
13. I believe time wounds all heels.
14. A mistake is only an error; it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.
15. Trying to please everybody is impossible – if you did that, you’d end up in the middle with nobody liking you. You’ve just got to make the decision about what you think is your best, and do it.