Who doesn’t love popcorn? Popcorn is delicious and the perfect movie snack, but did you know that it’s also beneficial for our health? Popcorn isn’t just a simple snack – it contains many essential nutrients that can prevent numerous diseases and conditions and improve your overall health.
Popcorn are rich in fiber which can improve your digestion and boost metabolism, effectively resulting in weight loss. On the other hand, it can slow down the aging process due to the presence of powerful antioxidants which can fight free radicals in the body. If enjoyed in moderation, popcorn is the healthiest snack and will definitely improve your overall health.
However, make sure that the popcorn you’re eating is made from organic corn and contains only a bit of oil and salt. The popcorn sold at movie theaters and microwave popcorn have a lot of harmful additives, which isn’t exactly great for your health. If you’re not sure about the quality, go for the price – the organic popcorn is usually more expensive.
PERFECT STOVETOP POPCORN
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or canola)
- 2/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- Add the coconut oil and 3 popcorn kernels to a large pot.
- Cover and cook over medium-high heat until all 3 kernels pop.
- Take the three kernels out of the pot.
- Add the rest of the popcorn kernels.
- Cover and take the pot off of the heat.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Put the pot back on the heat. Cook, shaking the pot occasionally until the popping slows down.
- After about 2 minutes, and the popping has slowed down, take the lid off of the pot. This lets the steam out and keeps the popcorn crisp.
- While the popcorn is popping, melt the butter and add the honey.
- Pour over the popcorn and sprinkle with salt. Toss until completely coated. You could also do this in a large paper bag.