Stop Buying Avocados. Here’s How You Can Grow an Avocado Tree in a Small Pot at Home
The avocados are the most beneficial and healthiest fruits, they are also the richest source of many minerals, vitamins and nutrients, such as vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B5 and B6, vitamin K, and huge amounts of potassium.
There are 6 grams of fat, 64 calories, 3 grams of fiber and less than 1 gram of sugar contained in a single 4o gram serving of avocado.
This fruit is also very rich in a natural plant sterol, known as beta-sitosterol, which has the ability to improve your heart health and the levels of healthy cholesterol in the blood.
Avocados also contain 2 very important phytochemicals, zeaxanthin and lutein, these can also be found in the eye tissues, and have the ability to support your eye health and reduce the damage, also there are some fat acids which are decreasing the risk of development of age-related macular degeneration.
You can prevent from osteoporosis with the consumption of avocados, because it is a rich source of vitamin K, and this vitamin is improving our bone health. You can also prevent from the development of cervical, pancreatic, colon and stomach cancer, with the consumption of avocados, due to their richness in folate, also they are decreasing the risk of neural tube defects and miscarriage.
Avocados have the ability to regulate your sleep and mood, promote weight loss, detox your whole body, support digestion, prevent from depression, also from many chronic diseases, such as hypertension, certain gastrointestinal diseases, diabetes, obesity, stroke, and coronary heart disease.
Their amazing taste and nutritional value have made the avocado very famous, and their price has grown up for more than 25% in the past few years.
You can grow an avocado tree at home, that way you will not only save more money, but you will also have avocado supplies that are completely natural and organic.
Follow these few steps below if you want to grow an avocado tree all by yourself.
- Get an avocado seed, clean it and use four toothpicks to put into the avocado seed, make sure they are on equally same distance apart form each other.
- Then you can leave the seed in an inch of water, through the toothpicks the seed will feed itself.
- Make sure the glass stays in a warm place all the time and you expose it to the sunlight.
- Then from 2 to 8 weeks you should see the stem growing, and once it has reached 6 inches, the roots will be visible, then you should cut the stem to 3 inches. Then be patient and wait for it to grow it back to 6 inches, then the leaves will start to appear.
- Get a large pot, fill it with soil rich with nutrients, and make a hole of few inches. Then you should plant the seed, make sure the pot is at least 10 cm in diameter, and it has drainage holes on its bottom. Make sure one half of the seed is out of the soil.
- Make sure your pot stays in a hot and sunny area, and water the plant just like any other tree. If you notice your leaves catching a yellowish color, than it means that the plant doesn’t need that much water, so don’t water the plant for a couple of days. But if your leaves start to turn brown, then it needs a lot more water. Put it in your sink and let water run through it for a couple of seconds.
- The tree might need a few years to supply you with avocados, but once it starts to grow them, you will enjoy the healthiest, most beneficial and organic avocados.