Cataracts are cloudy areas in the lens inside the eye – which is normally clear. Cataracts can develop in one or both eyes. As cataracts develop very slowly most people do not know they have them at first. However, the clouding progresses and vision will gradually get worse.
Cataract causes minor or major changes in your vision such as blurred or foggy vision, double vision, problems in seeing in dim light, etc.
Natural remedies for cataract can help you tackle and manage the condition effectively.
- Eat raw carrots as much as possible. Carrot is a rich source of nutrients and vitamins including vitamin A, beneficial for your eyes. You can also drink carrot juice which has the same effect.
- Chewing raw garlic three or four garlic cloves everyday helps in keeping your eye lens clear. Those with acidity should try other remedies.
- Drops of pumpkin flower extract should be applied on your eyelids before going to bed. This is a tried and tested natural treatment for cataract.
- Apply two to three drops of unprocessed pure honey in your eyes twice a day for three months. This is considered to be an effective natural cataract remedy.
- Consume seven grams of aniseeds every day. These should be consumed twice, once every morning and evening.
- Instill two drops of pure castor oil in your eyes before going to bed at night. The oil should not contain any particles or other impurities.
- Grind seven almond kernels with one gram of black pepper. Mix in half cup of water and consume throughout the day.
Following these home remedies for cataract correctly will help you immensely in decreasing the effects of cataract, besides rendering healthy and positive results.