12 Miraculous Healing Uses For Tea Tree Oil
What is tea tree oil?
Tea tree oil (TTO), or melaleuca oil, is an essential oil with a fresh camphoraceous odor and a color that ranges from pale yellow to nearly colorless and clear. It is taken from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia, which is native to Southeast Queensland and the Northeast coast of New South Wales, Australia. Tea tree oil is toxic when taken by mouth, but is widely used in low concentrations in cosmetics and skin washes. Tea tree oil has been claimed to be useful for treating a wide variety of medical conditions. It shows some promise as an antimicrobial. Tea tree oil may be effective in a variety of dermatologic conditions, such as dandruff, acne, lice, herpes, and other skin infections.
12 Healing Uses for Tea Tree Oil:
- Acne: Add a drop of tea tree oil to your normal, face cleansing tonic or press directly on the acnes with a piece of cotton soaked in few drops of tea tree all. Another alternative is to add 30-40 drops of tea tree oil to your regular face wash.
- Asthma: Add 3-4 drops of tea tree oil to a pot of water and heat it. When the water is getting hot, remove it from heat. Grab a towel over your head and breathe in for a few minutes, while it’s cooling.
- Calluses: You should use 5 drops of tea tree oil to 1 tablespoon of carrier oil and massage the calluses. Repeat this method 2 times a day. Once the calluses have become soft, you should use tweezers to remove them. After you removed them, apply few drops of tea tree oil and cover it with bandage.
- Warts: Apply undiluted tea tree oil directly to the warts. Use it 2 times a day, until the wart starts to disappear. If your skin is sensitive, dilute the tea tree oil.
- Sunburn: For treating sunburned areas on your skin, you need to mix 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with 1 drop of tea tree oil and 1 drop of lavender, and apply gently on your skin.
- Burns: First thing, you need to wash the area with icy cold water. After few minutes, make a mix of 5 drops of tea tree oil with 1 tablespoon of raw honey. Apply this mixture on the burned area 3 to 5 times a day.
- Nail fungus: Apply few drops of tea tree oil directly on the nail and the surrounding tissue. If you are treating finger nails, then you should dry your hands completely before you can touch anything. Repeat this method 2 times a day, for a week.
- Sore muscles: First you need to fill your bathtub with warm water, and then add 4-5 drops of tea tree oil to the water. It will help you relax your tight muscles.
- Wounds: There are 2 ways to treat wounds with tea tree oil. The first option is to soak the wounded area in water with tea tree oil. The other option is to spray from a bottle of water with few drops of tea tree oil in it. Maybe you can apply directly on the wound; it all depends of your sensitivity.
- Sore throat: Add few drops of tea tree oil and pinch of salt to 1 cup of warm water. Do not drink this mixture! You need to gargle few times a day.
- Toothbrush cleaner: Apply few drops of tea tree oil directly on your toothbrush to kill bacteria. Repeat this method 1-2 times a week.
- Earache and Infection: Mix few drops of tea tree oil with 2 tablespoons of warm olive oil. Use a dropper to drop a small amount into an infected ear. Use cotton to absorb the oil. Repeat this method 2 – 3 times a day.