Yes, you got that right – the experts say that you should be very careful and avoid this popular drink, because it can destroy your thyroid gland and cause other health problems! Just take a look at the article below and find out more about this! Unfortunately, (despite mounting evidence to the contrary), the mainstream nutritional guidelines have instructed Americans to eat soy and drink soy milk. But, you should know that soy milk is not a healthy choice. By drinking soy milk, you are not doing yourself a favor, you are destroying your health. As we said, in this article we’re going to show you 10 good reasons why you should avoid soy milk.
Soymilk (Filtered Water, Whole Soybeans), Cane Sugar, Sea Salt, Carrageenan, Natural Flavor, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin B12.
TOP TEN REASONS TO AVOID SOY MILK
- The experts say that soybeans contain large quantities of natural toxins or “anti-nutrients”. Drinking just two glasses of soy milk daily can significantly alter a woman’s menstrual cycle.
- This ingredient can increase the body’s need for vitamin B12 and vitamin D.
- You should also know that soybeans contain hemagglutinin, a clot-promoting substance that causes your red blood cells to clump.
- You’ll be shocked when we tell you that 99% of soy is genetically modified. It contains one of the highest contamination by pesticides of any of our foods.
- You should avoid soybeans and soy products, because they contain high levels of phytic acid, which inhibits assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc.
- And yes, soy foods contain high levels of toxic aluminum, which negatively effects the nervous system the kidneys and has been linked to the onset of Alzheimer’s.
- You should also know that soy products contain a compound resembling vitamin B12 that cannot be processed by your body. Thus, soy foods can contribute to B12 deficiency.
- Fragile soy proteins are exposed to high temperatures during processing in order to make soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein, making them dangerous for human digestion.
- Note: soy contains toxic isoflavones.The soy isoflavones genistein and daidzein can stimulate existing breast cancer growth showing risk in consuming soy products if a woman has breast cancer. (Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2001 Sep;35(9):118-21).
- The experts also say that soy contains plant estrogens, called phytoestrogens, which disrupt endocrine function and lead to infertility and breast cancer in women.
Carrageenan in Soy Milk
Note: here’s what you need to know – well, many scientific, peer-reviewed studies found that food-grade carrageenan can cause gastrointestinal inflammation, ulcerations, lesions and even colon cancer in laboratory animals. Additionally, recent studies funded by the American Diabetes Association have linked the consumption of food-grade carrageenan to insulin resistance and glucose intolerance in mice.
Other included references linked in Living Traditionally’s article:
Studies Showing the Toxicity of Soy in the US Food & Drug Administration’s Poisonous Plant Database (7.5M PDF)
Studies Showing Adverse Effects of Dietary Soy, 1939-2008