Many people around the world use these light bulbs, which is a bad thing. The experts warn that these light bulbs can cause anxiety, migraines – and even cancer. Well, the mail reason why people use these light bulbs is because the electricity is too expensive, which means that all people try to save energy and save some money.
As we said, the electricity is too expensive, which is why most of us replaced the old standard light bulbs with environmentally-friendly and with the new generation energy saving light bulbs. But, the real and ugly truth about the new generation of energy efficient light bulbs is that they are so toxic that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency created an emergency protocol you need to follow in the event of a bulb breakage, due to the poison gas that is released.
Note: you should know that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency warns that if broken indoors, these light bulbs release 20 times the maximum acceptable mercury concentration into the air. A recent study conducted by researchers from the Fraunhofer Wilhelm Klauditz Institute for German’s Federal Environment Agency has confirmed this.
These Energy Efficient Light Bulbs Can Cause:
- Cluster headaches
- Inability to concentrate
- Energy saving bulbs contain mercury.
The medical experts say that mercury is a potent neurotoxin that is especially dangerous to children and pregnant women. The researchers have discovered that mercury is especially toxic to the brain, the nervous system, the liver and the kidneys. Mercury can also damage the cardiovascular, immune and reproductive systems, and it can lead to tremors, anxiety, insomnia, memory loss, headaches, cancer and Alzheimer’s.
- Energy saving bulbs can cause cancer.
First, you should know that a recent study, conducted by Peter Braun and his colleagues at Berlin Germany’s Alab Laboratory, has discovered that these light bulbs contain poisonous carcinogens that could cause cancer:
- Phenolis a mildly acidic toxic white crystalline solid, obtained from coal tar and used in chemical manufacture.
- Naphthalene is a volatile white crystalline compound, produced by the distillation of coal tar, used in mothballs and as a raw material for chemical manufacture.
- Styrene is an unsaturated liquid hydrocarbon, obtained as a petroleum byproduct.
- Energy saving light bulbs emit a lot of UV rays.
As we mentioned before, you should be very careful, because these energy saving lamps emit UV-B and traces of UV-C radiation. And we all know that the UV-radiation is harmful for the skin (it can lead to skin cancer) and the eyes. The radiation from these bulbs directly attacks the immune system, and furthermore damages the skin tissues enough to prevent the proper formation of vitamin D-3.
You should be very careful, because these bulbs are extremely toxic and dangerous. The experts also say that we are not supposed to put them in the regular garbage. They are household hazardous waste. And if you break one in a house, you are supposed to open all of your windows and doors, and evacuate the house for at least 15 minutes to minimize your exposure to the poisonous gas.
Note: the consumers can’t buy incandescent lights because they won’t be available. The Energy nIndependence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA) mandates the phase-out of incandescent light bulbs, and favors energy-efficient compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs. We really hope you enjoyed this article and don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family. Thank You.