fbpx

This is What Happens to Your Body 10 Hours After Putting on Nail Polish

Many women around the world use nail polish and they use it every day! Well, in many career environments and social circles, nail polish is seen as an essential part of proper hygiene and presentation. But, did you know that this social expectation has serious health effects? The answer is yes! Here’s what you need to know – a recent study, conducted by group of experts at the Duke University and the Environmental Working Group and published in Environment International, has discovered that chemicals in nail polish can enter the bloodstream in noticeable amounts within as little as two hours of application.

You should know that this study examined the urine samples of 24 women for diphenyl phosphate or DPHP, which forms when the body metabolizes TPHP, a chemical toxin found in nearly every person on earth. Within 10-14 hours of nail polish application, serum levels of DPHP had increased by nearly sevenfold.The experts said that these chemicals can contribute towards infertility, hormone-related cancers like breast and ovarian cancer, prostate conditions, thyroid disorders, neurological issues, diabetes, and even obesity.

And the same group of experts examined 10 different nail polishes for triphenyl phosphate, and discovered the chemical in 8 of the samples tested. And what they found – well, they found that two of the polishes that tested positively for the chemical did not disclose it on their product label. These brands were easily available in drug stores and beauty shops throughout North America.

Other harmful chemicals found in nail polish: Formaldehyde is a well-known carcinogen that can cause respiratory distress if inhaled. Symptoms of exposure include coughing, asthma, and an itchy throat. Asthmatic or people with other respiratory conditions should avoid exposure to formaldehyde when possible.Dibutyl phthalate is a plasticizer and solvent that is also an endocrine disruptor. You should now that chronic exposure through ingestion can cause liver and kidney failure in children. This means that you should be very careful. And toluene is a mild skin irritant considered a developmental toxicity hazard. You should know that this chemical is dangerous to nursing or expectant mothers, as it can absorb the bloodstream and find its way into breastmilk. When toluene is inhaled, the chemical can cause drowsiness, headaches, and irritation of the respiratory tract.

The best way to protect yourself – many experts around the world think that the biggest problem about nail polish is that labeling doesn’t necessarily reflect the contents of the polish. A study has found that even toxin-free nail polish may have high levels of these toxic chemicals. The experts also say that the labeling does not always reflect the ingredients.As we said before, there are many different reasons why you should avoid nail polish at all cost, especially nail salons, which contain high levels of toxic fumes. Instead, skip the polish and buff your nails for a natural shine. We really hope you find this article and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.

Source

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.