There are many reasons for a sore throat – viral infections, bacterial infections or some health problems. An infection in our respiratory system manifests through pockets of pus in the throat, which can come as a result of colds, the flu or mononucleosis. The problem is not a major health concern, but may have serious consequences if left untreated.
There are many medications that treat sore throat, but they also have some side-effects which can make matters worse. This is why it’s best to treat the infection naturally with homemade remedies. There are numerous anti-inflammatory remedies which can defeat sore throat and clean your body of toxins, which will result in less risk of cancer. Here’s one that many people consider the best:
- 1 larger beet
- 9% alcohol white vinegar
Wash and peel the beet, then crush it with a fork and add a tablespoon of white vinegar for every 250 gr. of beet you crushed. Now, mix everything well and leave the mixture to stay for 20 minutes, then strain it and remove the beet from the strainer. Gargle the liquid every couple of hours for a couple of minutes and swallow a bit of it to relieve the inflammation in your throat.
Here are some other natural remedies that can relieve a sore throat:
- Gargle a mixture of one lemon and a pinch of baking soda twice a day (in the morning and evening);
- Another mixture that can help is some warm lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey;
- Mix lemon juice (from one lemon), a pinch of salt and honey, then soak a cotton ball wrapped on your finger in the mixture and touch your throat with it. The remedy will heal your tonsils and throat in just a short time;
- Apple cider vinegar is an effective and cheap natural remedy for throat infections. The liquid is a powerful antiseptic that can relieve the symptoms of sore throat. Just add 2 tablespoons of ACV in half a glass of water and gargle the mixture 3 times a day to relieve the infection;
- Garlic is a powerful antibiotic, antiseptic and antibacterial agent that can eliminate fungi and bacteria from your throat effectively. Just crush a garlic clove and mix it with a cup of water, then drink the remedy 3 times a day.