Coriander is a herb that has been used to flavor our meals since ancient times, but it offers numerous health benefits as well. This amazing herb can improve your digestive system, relieve irritation and stimulate appetite and it has a rich nutritional profile as well, containing a lot of vitamins A, B, C, E and K, as well as potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
Besides providing the body with essential nutrients, coriander can detoxify the body of heavy metals and eliminate them through sweat and urine. Here are the main health benefits of the herb:
- Coriander is a powerful diuretic that can treat kidney problems such as stones;
- It reduces inflammation caused by rheumatism or arthritis and eases the pain;
- Coriander can boost your digestion and improve the function of your liver and intestines;
- It relieves diarrhea thanks to the powerful antimicrobial and antifungal properties;
- The leaves of the herb are commonly used as an appetizer as they improve digestion;
- The herb can regulate the levels of LDL cholesterol in the blood and the accumulated fat in the internal organs and blood vessels, effectively preventing cardiovascular problems;
- Coriander can fight anemia thanks to the high iron content;
- The herb possesses antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties that can treat oral ulcers;
- It can freshen up your breath and is a great remedy for halitosis;
- The herb can effectively treat conjunctivitis, age related macular degeneration and other eye problems. To treat these problems, boil a handful of coriander leaves in a cup of boiling water, then leave the tea to cool down before soaking a cotton ball in and applying it on your eyes;
- It can reinforce the immune system due to the rich antioxidant, iron and vitamin C content;
- Coriander can regulate your blood sugar levels;
- The herb can reduce menstrual cramps better than most drugs;
- Thanks to the powerful healing properties, coriander can heal pancreas, liver, stomach, lung and endocrine gland problems.
As you can see, coriander is a healthy herb with numerous health benefits, which is why you should include it in your daily diet.